Barcelona 2020 Trip Update
Sadly, a decision has had to be taken that the trip to Barcelona scheduled for 18 June 2020 has had to be cancelled. This decision has not been taken lightly, and we have given great thought to whether we can ensure the safety of your children if the trip were to go ahead.
We are now in the process of confirming how the Travel Agent intends to repay the money that they have taken in payment of the trip for all your children. I must make you aware that I do not expect this refund to be a quick process as it links to the travel agents’ insurance, Foreign Office advice and Government business support packages that have only been announced recently, and because our trip wasn’t scheduled to leave until June, we are at the back of a very long queue. As yet, the details of how this will happen are not clear and we are chasing an answer for you.
I know that the children will be very disappointed but with the level of restrictions now in place on non-essential travel, as well as closures and enforced quarantines in Spain, it was simply not possible to continue. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to ensure that the children are kept safe through what is a difficult time for many people. Please contact us if you have any specific questions or concerns that you wish to discuss.
Mr M Harrison, Headteacher