Home Learning Expectations
During the time when your child is off school they are expected to follow their normal timetable.
Students should aim to complete work for all lessons and should try to stick to the times of a normal school day from 9:10am until 3pm taking rest breaks and breaks for lunch at appropriate times.
Their work will be set in Google Classroom. This will be posted in the Google Classroom class for that subject.
All information will be posted on google classroom.
How to access Google Classroom
In order to access these resources your child should follow the steps below.
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to https://classroom.google.com/
- Log in using their username and password. Email: email@example.com if your child needs their username and password resetting.
Using Google Classroom
There are lots of useful videos on YouTube that explain clearly how to navigate and use the google classroom. Please check these if you are unsure how to use this platform.
Your support is vital in this process. We understand that whilst some students are working from home, their parents may be at work and you may not be able to supervise their work each day.
However, we ask that you:
- Ask your child to show you they can access google classroom.
- Keep in touch with them throughout the day, if possible, to check they are working.
- Ask them at the end of the day to tell you/ show you the work they have done.
- Contact their subject teacher if you have any questions, comments or concerns about the work they have completed or their engagement.
- You can also email your child’s form tutor or class teacher through Google Classroom and ask them to add your email address to Google Classroom so that you can stay in touch regarding the work set.