Our student voice...proud and passionate, supporting our academy
Our Student Council is the inspiring student voice of our academy. It consists of two students per Form Group and, chosen from these are, four Year Councillors representing each Year Group.
Each half-term the Council debates and discusses issues which are important to students as determined by the Form Councillors. It makes recommendations to the Headteacher around school issues such as; school improvement, teaching and learning, rewards and whole school policies.
Our Council is a vital part of our school community. In recent years, our Student Council have:
- Organised fundraising activities for various nominated charities including Mary’s Meals, Cancer Research and the British Heart Foundation raising more than £10,500 since 2010!
- Devised our new student ‘STRIVE’ values
- Organised and distributed Harvest Festival packages for various community projects
- Assisted in the design of our new academy uniform
- Assisted in the recruitment of new staff
- Helped to introduce additional rewards trips – subsidised by our School Governing Body
- Helped to introduce new sporting activities
- Helped to introduce new prizes for our Achievement and Attendance Rewards including; iPods, Blackberry’s, iPads and various vouchers