Home Learning Resources
Over the coming weeks, and for as long as the school closure continues, your subject teachers will contact you via Google Classroom.
Keep up the good work and remember follow the government advice to ‘stay home and stay healthy’. Eat a balanced diet including plenty of fruit and vegetable, drink plenty of water and make sure you take time throughout the day to take a break and relax!
We have now set up Google Classroom for all of you to use at home for all your subjects. Your teachers will now start sending and setting your work through Google Classroom and all your work will be sent through to you this way rather than by email.
It has several benefits for you:
- You only have to look in one place for your work
- You can communicate directly with each of your teachers
- Your teacher can mark and return the work you complete with help and advice
- Your teacher can share resources, set up quizzes and tasks for you
- It gives you access to Google’s versions of Word (Google Docs), Powerpoint (Google Slides) and Excel (Google Sheets)…all for free!
What you need to do:
- Your username for Google Classroom will be your normal school email address
- Login to Google Classroom at: https://classroom.google.com/
- Accept the invites from your teachers to join your lessons
- Look in the ‘Classwork’ section on Google Classroom which will show you any work you have been set
Here is a short video that shows you the basics of how to log in, join classes and see what work you have been given.
If you have any issues with your login then please let us know and we will get you the help you need.
Also, here’s a brilliant step-by-step video from Ms Torkington to help you log on to Google Classroom, get started with accessing the lessons and tasks set for you and show you how to submit your completed work:
Additional Home Learning Resources
Please see the subject areas below for links to useful websites, tasks, activities and downloads, specific to your Year Group/Key Stage for you to complete whilst our school is temporarily closed.
English : English School Closure Worksheet | KS3 English Literacy Booklet | KS3 English Pack | KS4 English Language Pack | KS4 English Literacy Pack | Year 11 English Language GCSE Workbook | Year 11 GCSE English Revision Pack
Science : Science School Closure Worksheet
Science-Year 7 Home Learning Pack | Science-Year 8 Home Learning Pack | Science-Year 9 Home Learning Pack | Science-Year 10 Home Learning Pack | Science-Year 11 Home Learning Pack
Humanities : Humanities School Closure Worksheet (History, Geography and RS)
PSHCE : PSHCE School Closure Worksheet
MFL : MFL School Closure Worksheet | Additional Mandarin Resources | Year 7 French Learning Pack | Year 8 French Learning Pack | Year 9 French Learning Pack | GCSE French Home Study Pack-Foundation | GCSE French Home Study Pack-Higher | French and Spanish Learning Menu
ICT : ICT School Closure Worksheet (Computing, Marketing, Creative Media Production, Computer Science and Business Studies)
Art & Photography : Art & Photography School Closure Worksheet
Design Technology : Design Technology School Closure Worksheet
Music : Music School Closure Worksheet
Performance Skills : Performance Skills School Closure Worksheet
Sign Language : British Sign Language School Closure Worksheet