We regard Safeguarding as extremely important and take our role in safeguarding our students extremely seriously.
Our school endeavours to support students through:
- Pastoral care and guidance
- Our academy ethos which promotes a positive, supportive and secure environment and gives students a sense of being valued
- Our Behaviour Policy which is aimed at supporting vulnerable students in the academy. The academy will ensure that the student knows that some behaviour is unacceptable but they are valued and not to be blamed for any abuse which has occurred
- Liaison with other agencies that support the student such as social services, Child and Adult Mental Health Service, education welfare service and educational psychology service
- Ensuring that, when a student on the Child Protection Register leaves, their information is transferred to the new school immediately and that the child’s social worker is informed.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Safeguarding team on: 0161 794 6215
Mrs Hargrave, Child Protection & Looked After Children Officer
Miss Withers, Deputy Headteacher
Please click HERE to download a copy of our policy for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
CEOP is a command of the National Crime Agency, and is dedicated to tackling the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and young people. CEOP is here to help young people (up to age 18) who have been forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity with anyone online or in the real world. We also offer advice and links to support in response to other online problems young people might face, such as cyber-bullying or hacking. For information, advice and to report concerns directly to CEOP, visit the Safety Centre at: www.ceop.police.uk