Prefect Applications 2021
Our Year 10 students are now invited to apply to become a Prefect or Senior Prefect at Co-op Academy Swinton for the academic year September 2021-July 2022.
All students have received an application form to their email address and can also obtain a paper copy from their form tutors.
Prefects play a vital part in the running of our school, assisting and supporting both staff and students. The role is open to all students. This is not just about our highest achieving academic students but anyone who feels they can make a positive difference to the school.
If selected, you will benefit as an individual from the added responsibility that you take on board, whilst contributing towards making the school a better place for students to attend. Furthermore, it will be beneficial for both your college and university applications and future employment.
- To support Co-op Academy Swinton at school events – such as Open Evening
- To contribute to the effective running of our school, by acting as a role model for younger students and helping to ensure that the school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- To conduct lunch duties as per an agreed rota
- School Prefects will need to have the ability to work productively with others, whilst using their initiative to contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- School Prefects will need to be organised, responsible, enthusiastic, and a great ambassador for the school
- School Prefects must maintain excellent behaviour, uniform, attendance and punctuality
Senior Prefect Team
In addition, we are also accepting applications from students who wish to be considered for the Senior Prefect Team. This will consist of a Head Boy, a Head Girl and four Deputy positions. The Senior Prefect Team would lead the Prefects, attend Student Council meetings and play an added role in the running of our school.
If you wish to be considered to be a prefect, please email your letter of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org which states:
- Why do you want to be a prefect?
- Why do you think we should consider your application?
- What qualities or experience, in or outside of school, do you have that would make you an excellent choice for prefect?
- Name a member of staff who would support your application – and get their permission/approval
Furthermore, if you wish to be considered for the Senior Prefect Team, please indicate this within your application and your reasons for doing so.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 23 April