Year 7 arrangements for September
Hello Year 7 (almost!) parents/carers
I hope you are all keeping safe and well. We are looking forward to meeting your children in September and making their first year with us a really positive start. The first TWO days when they join us will be induction days to enable your child to get used to their new school environment and all the rules and processes we’ll need to adhere to.
The first day will be a ‘Getting to know each other day’ which will consist of team building activities, standards and expectations and wellbeing exercises. The second induction day will allow your child to sample some taster lessons and enable them to get a feel for what their normal classes will be like in the weeks ahead.
Here are a few key points for your attention:
- All Year 7s should arrive by 8:30am on Thursday 3 September 2020 and they will finish school at 3pm
- All of the Year 7 students should wait on the pre-marked yellow dots outside of the main school (to allow for social distancing), where they will be greeted by our Year Team staff and shown to their form rooms
- On the first day, Thursday 3 September all Year 7 are required to wear our school PE kit (see our uniform list HERE) to enable them to take part in the team building activities
- At the end of the first day, the Headteacher and Year Team will present your child with a school tie and equipment
- On day two, Friday 4 September, all Year 7 students are required to wear full school uniform (see our uniform list HERE)
- On day two all the children will finish school at 2:35pm
- Over summer you will receive a courtesy call from a member of school staff to address any queries that you may have
We look forward to a very positive partnership between yourselves, your child and our school.
Have a great summer!